Power BI Subscriptions – problems with subscriptions
Subscription system related to the Premium capacity, distribution groups, internal & external access, and licensing. If the content is in a Premium workspace, Pro users can subscribe any users, security groups, or distribution lists regardless of whether the recipient is a Pro user or not.
With Premium, anyone, whether they’re inside or outside your organization can view your Power BI content including paginated and interactive reports without purchasing individual licenses.
Premium enables widespread distribution of content by Pro users without requiring Pro licenses for recipients who view the content. Pro licenses are required for content creators. Creators connect to data sources, model data, and create reports and dashboards that are packaged as workspace apps. User without a Pro license can still access a workspace that’s in Power BI Premium capacity, as long as they have a Viewer role.
- ensure that the address email@example.com is on your safe sender list and isn’t blocked by your e-mail provider.
- email subscriptions for reports and dashboards using live connection datasets aren’t supported when subscribing users other than yourself, except for paginated reports. You can subscribe others to a paginated report, using your security context
- If your dashboard or report is in Premium capacity, you can use group email aliases for subscriptions, instead of subscribing colleagues one email address at a time. The aliases are based on the current active directory.
- If your content isn’t in a Premium capacity, only Power BI Pro users can receive email subscriptions.
- Dashboards with over 25 pinned tiles, or 4 pinned live report pages, may not render fully in subscription e-mails sent to users. Subscriptions to dashboards over these numbers of tiles aren’t blocked. However, they’re considered unsupported if you encounter issues. Consider modifying them accordingly to fall within a supported range.
- For dashboard email subscriptions, if any tiles have row-level security (RLS) applied, those tiles don’t display.
- For report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses RLS, you can create a subscription for yourself. You can’t subscribe others to a report with row-level security (RLS) applied, except for paginated reports. You can subscribe others to a paginated report, using your security context. Read more about subscribing to paginated reports.