Azure Media Services – upload video and embed it into your pages
How to put video into Azure media services? Let’s look on the step by step guide. In my case I have video recording, which I want to put into storage, include it into the Azure Media Services and make it available via streaming publicly on the websites.
- Sign into portal.azure.com
- On the left side search for Media Services
- There is one media service prepared for BSS team at the moment (first one in the list above)
- If you click on this service on the left side, new options will appear on the right side of the pane/layout
- Then click on “Assets” option under Media Services section of the menu
- Now you can see a list of uploaded assets / videos
- You can also see upload button in the top
- If you will click on this button, you can select video file on your file system
- Video is uploading
- After finish of the upload, you can see the video file in the list of assets
- Click on the video
- You can see the screen like this. This means that video is there, however it is not published and cannot be played or downloaded. So click on the publish button on the top
Keep progressive publishing – only choice in the beginning and click on ADD
- Now you can see that there is a new address with progressive published version added in the screen
- If you click on the address, new window will rise up
- On the right side you can see address for download. You can copy paste this address to your address field in your browser and see the result, it should start streaming in the browser. There is also small arrow in the right corner, which allows you to download the video.
Now this is the way how to have video hosted in the azure and be able to download it on one click. Another question is how to have this video embeed in the webpage or the SharePoint.
If we are talking about the webpage, lets go to http://ampdemo.azureedge.net/azuremediaplayer.html
There you can enter the URL of the video in the azure and after that click on the “CODE” and after that on “GET EMBED CODE”
That’s it. You can enter this code into any pages you want!
Thank you very much