Office365 Limits Expand / New features added
Office 365 improve a lot of things and modify limits of some services as well. Let’s take a look into these services and features to have an overview. Some of them are more than interesting J
- Possibility to upload files up to 10GB to SharePoint Team sites/OneDrive/Office365 Groups instead of 2GB (Which was in place till now) – The same situation will be in SharePoint 2016 OnPremise.
- Storage Increase in SharePoint Online/OneDrive4Business/Office365 Video to 1TB + 0.5GB per user from default 10GB.
- SharePoint Search Limits – in hybrid scenarios, there is a limit of one million items from on-premises SharePoint per each 1TB pooled storage.
- OneDrive for Business Storage – now even if you are under E3 license, you haven’t unlimited storage anymore. Now this is fixed to 1TB of storage you are able to use. It’s also good to mention, that standard OneDrive Free storage plan is limited to 5GB, you are able to expand this storage by some monthly fee.
- Audit Improvements
- Centralization in O365 Compliance Center
- Report section (you need to using Exchange Online) – auditing and reporting on user and admin activities logged from:
- SharePoint Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Azure AD
- Exchange Online
- Improved User Interface / general availability of Office 365 Management Activity API
- New SharePoint mobile app – Great News – new mobile app was released and this time it’s not something useless, but an app with real power to browse through the SharePoint Server. It looks really great, read more HERE and try it.
- SharePoint Online – New SiteContent UX – SharePoint provides new site content UX as the part of the continuous transformation process, which you can observe in the last weeks. This is just a taste of new look and feel. In the near future, there will be more changes in the Team Site concept etc. On this new look, you are able to see your site content in (almost from my point of view) all the content more organized, in the list view. You are also able to see quick report part on the left with trend icon, and most recent documents in the middle tile. You are still able to go back to classic design as in the other changed environment like office 365 admin center or SharePoint document libraries.
- SharePoint Online – New Document Libraries UX – for someone this should be a nightmare for someone message from heaven. To be honest I am in the second group as this is from my point of view really big progress. More intuitively environment of document libraries, with the possibility of tile important documents, managing details of documents quickly from the part on the right, where I am able to share a document on few clicks, set the title as well. More options on the menu on the top of the page, still able to have my views on document libraries etc. I understand, that for many companies this should be a problem as they have some customizations, development etc. but from a practical point of view – nice and simple! As in the previous sample, you are able to switch back to old document libraries look and feel.
But as I started to talk about current situation it’ll cause a lot of discomfort in many organizations, especially since it’s roaring into all tenants. In fact, the new capabilities are indeed swelled. The issues are around existing customizations to the branding of the functionality of Document Library views. And I understand, that this should be a problem for current customers. For the new one, this should be really cool improvement and experience.